CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

A little better again....

More storms, more rains, flooding like crazy!

Jackson Creek didn't go over the bridge but it batted up against the edge of the bridge so much that that the asphalt is starting to lift up. I am going to ask Michael to take a picture of it tomorrow. Of course I still have to get film developed before I can show anybody, so who knows how long THAT will be! sigh.... Maybe I can get a photographer down here in the morning to take a pic and put on our website so I can copy it and post on my blog..

I worked so hard today and I am STILL stinking behind. Oh well.

My feet hurt like crazy today. This is day three of really swollen feet. Too swollen to wear shoes, too swollen to walk a lot. No more Y membership so I can't go there and swim anymore. Too stormy to swim at the lake, plus it's so full the beach is closed. I really should be lying down with my feet elevated and not sitting here, but at least I am drinking water!

PS on that - I did call to make appt with new dr. today, but it is a really small office with just him and his nurse/ office manager, so she will probably call back tomorrow.

I shared my last essay, the one about the toilet paper at work, with someone who wants to encourage each other with our writing and she liked it. It makes me want to do another one soon, so that is good. She tries to write a full day one day a week on Mondays, so I invited her to dinner next Monday. If I write this weekend, maybe I can have a new essay or a chapter of "Half-Wit" to share by then.

Happy today for the smiley face stickers I bought at Dollar General on my lunch hour. I put a couple on my production reports I took back to Gina and it made me happy. I also verbally expressed my anger that I am not on vacation to Gina today and she said, "Hang in there, Kid." and that helped.

No comments: