CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 15, 2008

LIsts and last night:

Things I need to be ready for Exchange Student: (Roma)
Get box springs
Get small dresser
Rearrange furniture.
De-flea and clean carpet (NO MORE CATS, EVER!!!)

Things I want to do today:
Finish laundry
Plant impatiens
Put down mulch
put a good ten minutes in in my room
Finish cleaning off table
Get out sewing machine
Wind bobbin for the dress
East a healthy, homemade dinner
Spray the carpet in the purple room (NO MORE CATS, EVER!!!)

I went out with Stephanie last night. We met Pat at Cheeseburger in Paradise and had dinner. We were supposed to go down to Nick's downtown, which is a longtime Bloomington, independent restaurant, more my kind of place. Pat called while we were on the way, though and said it was "dead," could we go to Cheeseburger instead? Steph wanted to and because it was her night - okay. I would rather be in a "dead" Nicks with good old bar food and be able to have a conversation. Cheeseburger is LOUD and everything has some kind of tropical twist to the food....I have been wanting ribs again, though, ever since the day we made them at home, because I didn't get as many as I wanted, so I got ribs and that was good and satisfying. It was loud, as usual, but at least part of the loud last night was some live music, a guy playing guitar and singing and he was actually pretty good. It was still hard for me to hear conversation, however. Too many years in loud headphones are getting me now.

After that we went down to the Bluebird to The Ragin' Texans Reunion. I used to go hear them play MANY moons, ago. Pre-Emily! One of my favorite memories is being at the Bluebird with the Texans playing and I was with a group of friends who included the current Miss Indiana who was a singer and songwriter and she got up and sang with the band and then Kenny Aronoff came in and played drums on a couple of songs and then sat with us. He was playing for John Mellencamp at the time so it was a big deal. Since then I have become friends with one of the band members so last night it was extra fun to see him play. It is always fun to see a band when you know some of the people and in between sets you can talk about how the show is going and stuff. It's always interesting to hear the perspective of the band members as opposed to being a member of the audience. During their break we walked down to Jake's to "Retro Night" which I usually hate, but Steph wanted to go, and again, it was her night and celebration, so we went. I tried to be pleasant, but I was probably bad attitude and finally I asked could we go back to the Bluebird and see the Texans some more and then go back to Jake's when they were done. So we did that. At Bluebird, one of the guys from work was there and he was either so drunk or so tired he was literally falling asleep on his feet while watching the band. We offered him a ride home, even though I don't really know him that well. He swore he was okay and that he was walking anyway. I sure hope it was true. So since Mike didn't need a ride home we went BACK to Jake's again until Retro night closed down at THREE O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING. Sigh. I am MUCH too old for this kind of shit. I slept later than I care to report today and I have a headache. Not a hangover, because I don't drink enough to ever earn a hangover, but I know it is just from doing things that are generally bad for my body, eating too late of a dinner, eating sugary rib sauce, not enough water, staying up late, not taking bedtime medicine..... things old fat diabetics should not do. So, for the rest of the day I am going to do my fits and spurts for rest and work and try to accomplish the tasks on my list above. If the headache is gone and I feel rehydrated, I will try to add a mild walk or bike ride in the evening. As short as my day is from all the sleeping, evening will be here before you know it.

Happy today for: a good sunny day with no rain in the area as far as I know. We need it. Our creek came up over the bridge and the park was flooded Friday night. When we drove through Martinsville the damage from the flood is unbelievable - still businesses closed, piles of debris everywhere, dumpsters full of personal belongings outside houses and apartments, still random stuff kind of wherever it stopped floating....horrible, horrible. This rain needs to go to Georgia and give Erin some water!

No comments: