CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Baking tonight.

Making a raspberry cheesecake for all the guys in IT who keep me from crying when everything is going wrong. Friday when EVERYTHING was not working and I couldn't even figure out how to CALL them on the new phones I went and stood in the door of their room and said, "I cannot do any more work until I have a working printer and it needs to be fixed NOW." They could tell I needed serious help and they really worked to figure out a backup printer for me because the one I usually use was unrepairable.

Oh my! I JUST now put that thing in the oven and it has been like TWO HOURS since I started this post! NEVER make a recipe that says press the raspberries through a strainer to get the seeds out. I swear it took half an hour just to do that step. I thought of just buying a jar of seedless raspberry preserves and subbing that, but I wanted the more tart taste of real (but frozen) raspberries. This is my first cheesecake that has two layers. The bottom is totally pink and the top is swirled. I am afraid it will go over the top of the pan because it looked more full than usual. If it is a failure, it will be an expensive one. Four dollars for frozen raspberries, four dollars for fresh raspberries for garnish, cream cheese, heavy cream, white chocolate... sigh, and disappointed IT guys. They probably won't care if it is not pretty, but I won't want to take it to them if it is not. SO if it overflows I will either stay up all night and bake another one or make them wait another day. I will be sad if I have to make them wait another day because Steve came and saved the day again when my magic scanner decided it had a disconnect between its brain and its hardware and needed its software downloaded again. I LOVE my magic scanner that converts documents so I don't have to type them or bug the typists to type them and they can do other parts of their jobs instead. There are only a few things that have to be manually typed - documents that contain tables and stuff.

Now my house is a total wreck and the woman from the exchange program is coming over tomorrow night to see if I am worthy to host an exchange student. I hope I can at least get the dishes done before she comes over!

I probably should go try and get at least some done now while the thing is baking. I don't smell anything burning so it is not overflowing yet! I'll report tomorrow how it turns out. Unless of course, it turns out horribly and I can't resist staying up all night and baking a new one, then I'll probably report tonight!

Happy today for: Going to the grocery and seeing impatiens for $1.00 for 6. We did finally get the veggies and some herbs in, but not any flowers yet, and I hope to get these in tomorrow. I worked really hard on the yard last night and mowed and replaced the rocks on the edges that one of the twins decided needed moved.... now I need to do the edges and get these flowers in. Oh, I guess my morning glories did re-seed a little so I will have a couple of those - I keep pulling babies so I won't have the morning glory MONSTER I had last year but it hasn't started blooming yet.

2 comments:

Amber said...

I'm excited to hear how it turns out. Sounds pretty!

Hope said...

My photographer snapped a couple of pictures of it this morning. It turned out a little browner than I would like, but the center didn't seem set yet so I had to keep it in. Another reason to use the 10 inch pan next time and let it be flatter. Apparently it tastes good. Steve used the phrase "cheesecake orgy." YAY! I will post pics when I get them.