CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Lazy

I just finished reading a comment I made on someone else's blog where I claimed to not be lazy, but to be mostly hyperactive. ha! Not so today. I woke up at 8 o'clock, had a bowl of raisin bran, then went back to bed and read for an hour and then went back to sleep until after 11:30! Now I need to get active and get going on stuff. I will say in my defense, however that I do have a headache. Not a debilitating, must-lie-in-a-dark-room headache, just an annoying one. I hope it won't disturb my social plans I have set for this evening. I took some of the med with caffeine, so I hope it will kick in soon and I will just be normal.

Speaking of med, I never reported much on new doctor (regular doctor , not the gyn) I saw him on the 19th. I REALLY like him. He changed around some of my meds just a little. We spoke really frankly about the fat issue. His practice is bariatric medicine and chronic disease management. He is kind of pro aggressive approaches like the lap band surgery or very low calorie diets, partially because of what they potentially do for Type II diabetes. He was also really compassionate about my fears with those approaches and agreed to help me try some other less drastic measures. My weight has been about the same since that one week or two when I lost rapidly... Today it was 212.4, I think. So I have been hovering, but not gained it back. I'd sure like to go below 210 soon! I keep hoping by the end of every month and then it doesn't happen and I guess with tomorrow being the end of June it won't happen in June either!

Blood glucose has been amazing lately. Yesterday fasting in the morning was 89, today 86. I could tell it was low before I tested, but I didn't feel incapacitated. I am getting used to having lower numbers and being more like a normal person. I used to get very ill feeling and weepy if I got anywhere around 100 or below. Now there have been several times when I have tested before a meal and been in the eighties or nineties and still been functioning. I haven't really changed my diet a lot, and the meds that were changed were not the blood sugar meds so I don't know what has happened. I haven't been doing as much intentional exercise as I really should, but maybe the warmer weather has contributed to me being more naturally active...

FLEAS - we have fleas in the house again and get this - IN THE GARAGE. I don't know if I've ever had a flea problem in the garage before, but it is horrible. So bad that Michael called me at work Friday saying there were so many on his legs that he ran out and it took him several minutes to brush them off his legs. He called it, "mind-blowingly disturbing." I came home from work and was about to set off flea bombs out there and just happened to notice that it said you shouldn't use them where there is open flame or pilot lights and I have both a gas water heater and furnace in the garage! I am glad I didn't blow up my house! That would have been rather inconvenient. So now I can't bomb it until I call the gas company and make arrangements to have them do the pilot lights. I hope they don't charge for it. I hate this cat so much. Emily keeps even saying I should keep her just a little longer, until she and Mandy actually get moved to the new apartment and settled so Kitty won't be traumatized. Well I'm traumatized, dammit! I got the stuff for kitty's neck yesterday, but I haven't let her back in the house since Friday. She can keep living in the flea-infested garage. She'll be lucky if I let her out when I bomb it. I know a flea bomb can kill a Beta fish quickly - Poor Ringo. It might be a good way to solve the cat problem too.

I'm supposed to go out with new man tonight. Again, I don't think we're aiming for anything permanent, but I think we have some short-term goals for a relationship that mesh really well.

Michael should be driving home from Chicago and music festival/ Rusted Root concert right now. I need to get busy on some domestic stuff so I can be ready to greet him and ready to get ready for trip to take him to Ed's and social event for the night.

Happy for: Excedrin headache medicine (and its generic equivalents). If there is a God, may he or she bless the pharmaceutical manufacturers who thought of putting caffeine right in a pain pill.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was very lazy yesterday too. I ended up not churching it, because when noon rolled around, I decided I was just going to be lazy and stay home w/ Dan. I always feel so torn each Sunday. blah.

Anyway....don't feel bad, I had one of those days too.