CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 23, 2008

News...

Heather is in the hospital. She has been really sick all week and called me a couple of times about it. She has been away at "Show choir camp," a really big deal for her company. So even though she was sick she worked all week. She has high white cells so she is in for at least overnight and on IV antibiotics. They did an ultrasound of her ovaries and kidney because she did have some acute abdominal pain earlier in the week. I think they did a creatine level to see about her renal function, but she told me she IS peeing so her kidney must be working! I had called her last night after I dropped Michael at his dad's because I knew she had called me a couple of times during the day, but hadn't left any messages. When I called her she said she had taken a bath because she thought it would make her feel better, she had let the water out but felt too weak to get out of the tub! I told her I would be at the point where I had to decide if I was going to go home or go to her apartment and take her to the ER in 10 minutes so see if she could get out of the tub in 10 minutes and then call me and if she couldn't I'd go north instead of south. She called back and had managed to get out of the tub and to the couch. So then I told her to call whomever was on call and see if she should go to the ER. I would stop driving and go walk around at Meijer and wait until she called back to see if they said she should go in right away. So I went to Meijer (new goodformyfeet shoes on clearance!) and walked around and shopped until she called back and said the person on call said go ahead and wait until morning. So I came on back to Bloomington.... She called this morning and said her own transplant coordinator (you get one of those for life when you get a new kidney!) said to go in to the IU Med center and get labs. So she did and then they admitted her. I think it's probably an infection and not rejection, but she is still on immuno-suppressing drugs so infections can be dangerous. So long, story, with no conclusion as yet, but I will will post tomorrow if she finds something out.

Yesterday was good - a bike ride with Michael and Gillian and her children. Then Michael and I took the long way back to his dad's and stopped at Brownie's Family Restaurant - a little country diner. Story of the day - we were in this kind of back room with an extended family who was having a big Sunday family dinner. The waitress told us the main part of the family lives next door to the restaurant and they do it every week. One of the adult men said, Christie and I went to see that stupid "Sex and the City" movie. Another man said, "How'd she convince you to do that?" One of the women (I'm guessing the first guy's sister) said, "Sex in the COUNTRY! Duh!" It was so funny I almost burst out laughing!

Okay I swear fleas are eating me alive, damn this cat! I wonder if there are fleas in Santa Fe. I don't know what the elevation has to be before you get flea-free.

Happy today for: The internet. I really like being able to look things up quickly like EVERYTHING! Especially Wikipedia and imdb. Love 'em!

No comments: