CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 2, 2008

Another brick in the wall...

Still feeling negative.

As I was sitting with Michael while he ate canned pinto beans mixed with canned tomatoes and green chilis with flaxseed/corn chips he said he wants me to start buying dried beans instead because canned beans are too processed. He looked at his bowl and said, "this is really processed food." and also that I should only buy the organic dried beans from Bloomingfoods. Well early on I had said dried beans were much cheaper than canned beans, but he said it was too much work. So now I asked if he is going to soak and cook them and oh, by the way they have to cook for hours and it will heat up the house and he says he will cook them outside in the dutch oven... then he launches into I don't buy enough fruit... I buy fruit all the time and it rots and I end up throwing it out. His reply to that is that I don't but enough variety. He doesn't like eating oranges and bananas all the time.

Listen, Bud. We are FUCKING POOR! I have to buy what we can AFFORD. This is not Europe. I don't have a greengrocer around the corner to stop at and buy you two pieces of fruit every night on the way home from work. I have to buy the five pound bag because that's the way I can afford ANY fucking fruit at all! GET IT!?!?! I make $30,000 a year. I have a THOUSAND DOLLAR MORTGAGE PAYMENT. I have chronic illnesses with SEVEN FUCKING PRESCRIPTIONS that I don't even get filled all the time so I can feed YOU!

Eat your meat. You can't have any pudding if you don't eat your meat!

Obviously my negative feelings have not diminished this evening.

No comments: