CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Sadness

Independent of each other Michael and Emily each expressed to me their concern for their younger sister in their dad's family. The whole family went up to Purdue for an academic superbowl competition for the older sister, Amy. They met Emily and went out to lunch. Emily called me afterward and told me about it and a lot of what she talked about was how concerned she is for the littlest one, Liahona (OMG!) age 8, and how long she will have to live in that dysfunctional household and how worried Emily is about the effects on Liahona, etc. Then today Michael started talking about the same thing and told how when Ed was throwing his little fits (Michael just described it as "shouting") because he couldn't get the computer to do what he wanted, Liahona came in the bedroom and told Michael, "Now is one of those times we need to be careful what we say." I told Michael she is learning to be a good little abuse victim and that is what is known as "walking on eggshells" when you live with an abuser. I feel so sad for Liahona. It is sad that Michael has to go spend time up there, but at least he recognizes that it is not normal or right and it is not really that much time - even though it sure SEEMS like it sometimes. That poor little girl knows nothing else. Thank God I got out and didn't let my children grow up in that. Their lives have been rough, but I know it has been better than that. YAY ME. I need to remember this when I am feeling pitiful. I need to remember that I am a champion for getting out of that abusive situation.

1 comment:

Binne77 said...

Yes you are Hope! You did the right thing. Go you! And seriously, who names their child Liahona?! I am a faithful LDS girl, but even THAT is over the top for me. I am sure she is a sweet little girl...but um, gag for the name.

OH and I did my blog reading level again today, and it's Jr. High lvl. Go us. :-p