CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 9, 2008

Answers to some questions:

Michael had the EKG because they (meaning the Indiana HS Sports People) want the kids to have them before they (meaning the students) participate in sports. Over the past few years several kids have dropped dead on the sports floor of sudden heart failure. Even though Michael is not on an official Indiana HS sports team with Solar bike he has to have all the same screenings before allowed to participate in the races. Our school corporation, on order to make sports more accessible to more students provides physicals for $10 and EKGs for free. Michael DOES have a slight heart murmur, which only a couple of nurses have mentioned in his life, of course, the dr. at the sports physical is the first dr. to notice it. I guess it's good to make sure he's not going to drop dead riding a bike I don't know how many miles in Japan in the middle of July....and there's no shade, it's a SOLAR bike race.

I like Rush, too, for the most part. I do like Geddy Lee's voice. I have just not been a dedicated Rush fan over all the years and would never have purchased a Rush album or spent $100 on concert tickets in my life, HOWEVER, in the past year I have done both of those, and am even on their email list! I feel like I practically know them now.

Asphalt chunks: Michael decided we need more garden in the side yard - we have usually only planted in the front of the house - where "normal" people have bushes we have tomatoes and peppers and cucumbers... When he started to dig he found that when the house was built the yard was filled with crap, including chunks of asphalt like that were probably dug up from an old parking lot and used for fill, then covered with the thinnest layer possible of dirt and sod. I put an "offer" on Freecycle and said we'd deliver if it wasn't too far away and actually had two takers! So we delivered to the first asker last night and it was only about a five minute drive away. Freecycle rocks. I don't know how we would have gotten rid of that stuff otherwise. If we would have had to pay the dump fine by the pound or something....

I DID make the gyno appt. I just can't go until the middle of June.

Tonight I came home from work exhausted from the busy Friday. Michael and I cooked together, ate, and then I slept for two hours while he went to the climbing gym! So now I am going to clean house for a while, he's heading off to bed. Tomorrow he's going to make my Saturday rounds with me, pick out plants and we're going to put in some garden. We have to buy some topsoil to make up for the asphalt chunks! He likes to get up early so I told him not to be too noisy and remember to go out and start getting the garden ready! He doesn't like me to use chemicals to kill weeds so he's usually pretty willing to dig up weeds and take them out the old fashioned way. There also still a lot of rocks in the new spot that need taken out before it is really ready. We have a hard day's work ahead of us. It is a good thing I warned everybody that I won't clean the house for the party!

Happy today for the quick oil change place. I am going to try to pay more attention to the frequency of the oil changes. I know it will help the car get better mileage. I didn't get lunch until 2:30 today after all the weekend paper deadline production stuff was done but when I did I went and got an oil change and I felt really good about it!

No comments: