CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 26, 2008

Back to regular ol' bloggin'

I thought I should introduce a cast of characters of the last couple of days.

Saturday: Met up in Indy with niece Sarah, currently from Texas, she comes along with four year old twins McKayla and Lyla and eight month old Jaxon. Husband Jake is currently in Iraq, but will be back later this summer and then they are heading to Arizona - should be no more trips to Iraq for Jake. When we met Saturday she was accompanied by her cousin Maria and her four year old daughter, Gabriela, who are also currently Hoosiers. They headed off to Ohio after our park excursion to visit Maria's parents and then Sarah and crew will head back our way later this week.

Saturday evening when we came back to Bloomington we met up at our house with my brother Chris, who currently lives in Lafayette, his daughter Miko, who is seven, his son Paul, who just returned from Iraq, Paul's wife, Sokuntheary (who goes by Ti), and their daughter Rachel, who is fourteen months old. We had a nice cookout and party which also included my friend/neighbor Stephanie. The general "we" here includes Michael, Heather and me.

I'm editing to add Chris and crew also stayed last night and after the Italian dinner we just relaxed and some watched a movie and I farted around the house and messed with my new candle holder I got from Freecycle a couple of months ago and still hadn't finished cleaning up. So I got that done and then sat and enjoyed my candlelight and was just calm and stuff. I got a little bit bugged by the clutter that always appears when you have extra people so when I felt like it I would get up and put a few things away until I felt happy again... it was pleasant.

Today after they left Michael went to school to work on Solar bike stuff and Heather and I hiked the loop at Lake Griffy and had a Subway for lunch, then we were lazy and watched "Dreamgirls." Heather had a headache and slept all afternoon. I worked on the house and read and went to the store. I fed Heather fried chicken for dinner and I think now she is puking. The headache must be a true migraine and not just sinus and she has to drive back to Indy and go to work in the morning. Yuck.

Michael is practicing his cello and I am feeling mellow, even though I should be worrying about getting him ready to go on this bike race trip. Or maybe not. Maybe this is the way to go.

Happy today for: the deer we saw on our hike, the blue and black butterfly we saw on our hike and that I am actually really feeling pretty COMPLETELY RELAXED AND FLEXIBLE!!! Can you believe it? and I swear I have taken NO tranquilizers and had no alcoholic beverages today.

No comments: