CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Bloggin' now

in case I am too tired post party.

I am going to get ready with the 15 minute method so I can be more relaxed - at least until Mom and Dad and Heather get here. Mom and Dad make me nervous. I am not above using prescription medication to maintain my calm demeanor, however, if necessary. I don't know why I let them do it to me. I am sure about twenty years of additional therapy could solve it, but I have neither the time nor the money.

The next thing I want to do is make my bed and vacuum, then get ready and straighten my bathroom so I can feel like people can use my bathroom and I won't feel embarrassed. After that I am just going to start cooking one thing at a time and whatever is done by the time the party starts is done and whatever isn't isn't. If there isn't enough food, we'll either keep cooking as we go, make peanut butter sandwiches or order a couple of pizzas! I have invited a gazillion people so probably some people will bring stuff. If it is raining too much too use the grill (which is purchased, but not assembled yet, anyway!) who knows what will happen.

The order I think I am going to start making stuff in is:

Deviled eggs
Baked beans
brownies
broccoli salad
vegetable tray
cheese & cracker tray
Then maybe potato salad OR you won't believe it - I thought heck, maybe I'll BUY potato or macaroni salad when I go get buns and ice! Gasp of disbelief!

It's probably a good thing we didn't put the plants in yesterday. It rained so hard this morning, it would have beaten down tender seedlings.

No comments: