CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 18, 2008

My son

is a better gardener than I am.

Remember all that work I did yesterday? When he came home from the backpacking trip today and I showed him everything I had done he asked, "What happened to the thyme?" Oops! I thought that was a nice smelling batch of weeds! I wondered why he left that random patch of weeds between the trellises! Usually he's so thorough about those things! Well. I am not so thorough and I left a couple of sprigs so maybe it will spread again.... Also this year my mint is coming back. Did I ever tell you that I am such a bad gardener that I can kill mint? He has worked some more on the new patch he decided we need in the side yard. He has put in the topsoil we bought last weekend and gotten it all ready to plant. He just took a shower and discovered FOUR ticks... ugh. I am going to force him to let me examine his Rapunzel-like tresses after he gets dressed to make sure he has no more unwanted guests.

I am not as sore today as I feared. I am somewhat headachey and lower back and that is probably a combination of working in the sun and the gynecological troubles ailing me. I am going to take hippie boy to go get the recumbent bike and then go make a store run for a few supplies and get some of the medicine with the caffeine and that should help all the aches and pains, I hope.

No comments: