CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Did you think I missed another day?

Another great day, just hanging and relaxing. My brother, Chris, even mentioned how relaxed I am this weekend and said, "Mom's not here." We talked a little bit about how I let her make me nervous when I know I shouldn't and that I shouldn't let her remarks get to me, but I do. Is it just a mother/daughter thing or am I especially psycho?

Here are some highlights from today:
BBQ ribs for lunch
Put my Hello Kitty kite together, but the wind never picked up enough to really get it up.
A shopping trip to Michael's craft store with Heather, Paul and Ti. I bought the floss to get motivated to start an embroidery project I have been stalled on.
We had a nice, yummy Italian food dinner. I made YUMMY meat sauce (Hippie boy had TVP) got out my red and white checked tablecloth and taper candles in bottles and it was good food and fun.

I've been cooking good food and everyone has been helpful with dishes and cleaning up.

I am amazed at the different way we entertain baby than we used to twenty years ago - still the same old stuff - but then also by calling her on one cell phone to the other and talking to her!

It's funny to me that my niece Miko (Tomiko) has the Asian-sounding name, and Rachel is half Cambodian.

Happy today for the new grill - one of the best $20 I have ever spent. Even it it were to disintegrate tomorrow it would have been worth every penny, just for the ribs today.

No comments: