CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 17, 2008

And now, for something completely different!

Instead of my usual Saturday: Farmer's Market, Opportunity House, Aldi, dump... I went to THE MALL! I went to Lane Bryant - Emily calls it the BG (for Big Girl's) store and bought six or seven shirts on clearance for $5.99 each. I never do this. I get most of my clothes at Opp House or Wal-mart or clothing swaps or MAYBE at Target in moments of desperation. These are all long sleeve which seems kind of silly, but our office is really cold in the summer and my new desk is right in front of a six foot long vent which blows all day long. They are pretty lightweight fabric, sleeves can be rolled up and I have that whole, "avoid exposure to the sun while taking this medication," thing anyway. I am pretty happy about it. They are all V-necks and several of them have some gathers that I think are kind of flattering. So yay me.

I decided to NOT go to the Women Inspire picnic. I realized if it kept sounding hard to go, that meant I didn't really want to go. I came home after the mall and have been working on the garden and reading. Michael worked a lot Thursday night and got a lot of the weeds out. I have put in a lot of the plants and and am now working on more of the weeds and getting more area ready for more planting. It feels good to get it done. It is kind of sad that we haven't really worked on it together this year like we usually do, but we'll survive. I guess it happens as children get older and have their own interests. Tomorrow we will probably have some time together. I am thinking if I get the rest of the veggies in today tomorrow we can get some flowers and get them in.

No comments: