CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Back to work

and caught up on the behindness from taking last Thursday off and a sick day yesterday. I really do like to keep things caught up and organized.

Our new phones are installed and fairly cool. Somebody told me they are just like the phones on the TV show "The Office." I have my ringer set to sound like an old-fashioned telephone ringer. One time today I was pushing buttons, trying to delete missed calls and it started ringing and I said, "I wonder what that means?" and then I was, "Oh! Somebody is actually calling me!" duh.

I was asked if we want to host a Ukrainian exchange student. His profile is amazing. I told Heather about him and she said he sounds like Michael's Ukrainian twin. Michael and I talked about it and decided we are very interested. My brother's family hosted several exchange students and had positive experiences and we hosted a three week exchange once. This would be the whole school year commitment. My big reservation is because of Michael visiting his dad every other weekend. I wrote the woman a long email explaining that and that I don't think it would be appropriate for the exchange student to visit up there because I believe it is an abusive household. So we are waiting to see if that makes us not eligible as a host family. Best to be upfront about this stuff - it is a big issue, I think.

Happy today for: my adding machine. Makes balancing the checkbook MUCH MUCH easier.

No comments: