CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Honors Night

was pleasant, but BORING as hell at the same time. I texted Emily during the thing until she told me she was watching the finale of America's Next Top Model so I could tell she needed quality time with Tyra rather than Mom and let her go.

Michael got awards for:
Outstanding Achievement in Science Olympiad
Solar Racing Team
Classroom Leadership in Latin II
Outstanding Performance in Art
ISSMA State Soloist

Put them all together and they spell Geek! Or Good kid, or both. :) I love my Geek.

Tomorrow I am off work. I am going to attend the Indiana Diversity Women's Luncheon (I can't remember if that's the exact title). The Governor's wife is the keynote speaker and then also women from the Diversity Forum and the theme is "Every Woman Has a Story." I am really interested because I am trying to learn how to tell my own story! I will return and report on that aspect. On the sillier aspects - I have no idea what to wear. I have no nice clothes anymore. I think I am just going to wear my khaki pants and a white t-shirt with a colored button-down blouse open like a jacket and sandals. I need to do my toes. I need to clean my car. I volunteered to drive because the other women who are going have vans and my car will get better mileage. I feel a panic attack imminent just thinking about it. I am probably going to work on the toes tonight, get up and clean the car in the morning, then get ready and iron a blouse...I think I can choose between light blue and light green. Toes should be spring pink. These are important decisions to make me feel calm. Breathe in, breathe out... breathe in, breathe out. I have trouble in social situations. I hope food has no sauce that I will drip on white shirt directly between the boobs, there to remain until I meet potential employers and Governor or Governor's wife. Oh well, at least the latter are Republicans and don't really matter... :)

Crush news. Gave SC his pan back in the parking lot after work today and said, "Have a good night." He said, "You too." I said, "I get to go to a school event." He said, " that's what you get for having kids." I said, "Well, I know that will never happen again." haha! We laughed and went home. The end.

Happy tonight for leftover chocolate cake (I made that instead of brownies for the Whatever party), but I am going to dump the rest in the trash tomorrow! I like it too much.

Off to do a few dishes, work on toesies, read a little - only about a hundred pages left in my 1100 page book and it's not Les Mis - it's Stephen King!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Remember, now is when you walk away and ignore! LOL. I wish I had chocolate cake. I have a microwave one. I may eat it for dinner... even though, I think I may have surpassed todays carb count limit according to the chart deally. exciting. I know. I really just want to go OUT. But I can't. I'm going out next week. DP and Pepper Conversation Hour conflict. Ooops. Bad planning on my part!
Heather