CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 23, 2008

Getting better....

Heard from Sarah and she is on the way! She is heading to her cousin Maria's in Terre Haute first, which is good. It is probably a better kid place, even though it is smaller, because that is also the phase of life for Maria and her hubby. It will give me a little more time to be Jaxon ready. We are planning to meet in the a.m. in Indy and watch the Indy 500 parade to see Maria's dad ( my sister in law's brother in law!) ride his horse in the parade. I am a little worried because I am not fond of crowds and standing and walking long distances with toddlers and children and carrying water and lunches and .... it all sounds very difficult and something for young, healthy people, which I am not. I hope everybody will be patient with me and I hope we can find ways to make things work well. Michael is used to having to go slowly and be patient with me, but others may not be. Of course I am not used to what it takes to do things with young children anymore, so maybe I will have to demonstrate some patience also. I may have some difficulty with that, considering how bitchy I have been this week!

Just got back from Scarlett's cookout and it was nice and mellow. A small crowd - gather around the kitchen table kind of group, met a couple new people. I love Scarlett. She is so kind and nice. I am always so glad to add wonderful people to my life and she has been a wonderful gift from Women Inspire!

Work was better today. It was my busy Friday and I worked pretty much nine solid hours with no break, but I felt good about what I did and I felt better emotionally. I took little mind breaks by playing and checking my email every now and then etc... I probably should have blessed my body by getting up from my desk more frequently, but I just felt really focused on getting my area clean and things filed and completed. I still feel angry about the vacation thing, but I was able to focus less emotionally and more intellectually on my tasks today and it was better.

I still haven't heard from brother Chris or nephew Paul about if they are going to meet us for the parade or visit for the weekend. It might be the only chance they will get to see Michael because he leaves for bike race number one on Wednesday morning so I hope they do.

Happy today for: My little food processor. I still use the "Oscar" small food processor Ed's mother gave me when I was married to him, so I know it is at least fifteen years old! It is perfect for making the filling for deviled eggs and you know how much I love deviled eggs! I really need a large food processor for a lot more of the tasks I do, but I hope this one never wears out. I use it for lots of things, but ALWAYS make my deviled egg filling in it and it is so creamy and yummy.

No comments: