CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 29, 2008

Friday

Went to Women Inspire tonight. Two presenters: a woman who does videography work and specializes in making family history kind of documentaries. Pretty cool. Then this guy (our first male member - tee hee I'm twelve, "Male member!") who talked about two things, his music work as a piano/ voice teacher and composer, very nice and interesting - THEN this at-home shopping service thing which I am very cynical about. It sounds like Amway glorified to me - like a multi -level marketing plan where you get people to sign up below you and earn points off their sales, blah blah. I was disappointed, because I hate that sort of thing. It was nice anyway to get to go and I enjoyed talking to the woman who sat next to me. It was her first time to go and I felt social enough to introduce myself and have a decent conversation tonight. Earlier in the day I had doubted if I would feel very social tonight and worried a little about going.

I worked my butt off today at work, figuratively and literally. Figuratively as I completed the end of the month tasks quite well, and literally as Gill and Nikki and I took a nice afternoon walk that I am pretty sure was at least fifteen minutes. I had to keep reminding them to go slowly for the fat lady, but it was nice. They want to go tomorrow and take their doggies to Bryan Park and they're going to call me to see if I want to go when it is time. I had planned on the quilt show being my walking tomorrow, but it is supposed to be really warm so if it is I will do the dog walk ... and you won't believe it, but I want Porter, the pit bull for my walkee! I think he's my favorite of the doggies. He has the most mellow doganality, and Nikki said he won't mind walking slowly. Frasier, Nikki's little puppy is too hyper, and Silver, Gill's doggy is a stinky dog... but I'm not picking up any poop!

Happy today for: Baked potato at dinner at Women Inspire. I have been wanting one for a couple of weeks.

I've got the heater warming up my room and now I am going to toss Kitty out into the garage for the night, take my medicine and go lie in my warm room!

Good night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Hope said...

Who are you, Anonymous?