CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 3, 2008

I need to remember

that even though tomato juice and pickles are lovely snacks from a weight-loss viewpoint, no carbs can lead to trouble when one eats breakfast at eight o'clock, has pickles for snack and then goes for a physically invigorating trip to the grocery at eleven thirty. By the time I reached the checkout I could hardly write my check! I grabbed a hugely expensive bottle of sugary Hawaiian Punch, managed to get out to the car, get the stuff in the trunk, park the cart and check my sugar. I could hardly get the blood on the strip, my hands were shaking so badly! I was in a sweat and about to cry. I tested at 96, which isn't even that low! I think I felt much worse than the time I tested at 76. SO either I had something on my hands that made me test higher from handling things in the store, or I have been running higher in general lately - and I have to confess I haven't been testing as frequently as I was for a while. I slugged down some yummy! Hawaiian Punch, waited a couple of minutes, drove home, washed my hands and tested again and it was up to 96. So I ate some real food, including some fat and protein and I feel much better now. Argh. I know I would hate having injections, but sometimes it seems like it would be easier to regulate if I were insulin dependent, because now I will probably go too high from having yummy! Hawaiian Punch AND real food, and then who knows... crash again? Sigh....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally vote for byetta. Rough at first, but so much easier to regulate now. Even if I miss a dose of my regular meds, I'm still in good shape. I can calculate Exactly when it's going to be low also, which helps extremely. I still feel shakey in the 90's.
Heather