CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 8, 2008

Sisters...

For all the times my sister drives me crazy...

Long parenthetical digression - I know she reads here, but I think it's pretty safe to say that between me, Emily and Heather we pretty much all three know we all three drive each other crazy at times. It all seems to work out in the end as we also all rely on each other at times just as much or more as we drive each other nuts, such as tonight...

when I was having mild nervous breakdown due to pressures to attend orchestra event and behave socially when not really feeling well physically and not able to cope socially. I called Heather and cried mildly hysterically (is that an oxymoron?) begging her to come, when she had decided not to. So she is going to drive and hour and a half to run interference for me so I don't have to pretend to be nicer than I really am. I can hide in the corner and knit if I want and Heather will talk to people and be nice. She has attended enough orchestra events over Emily and Michael's years that she knows the people who will probably approach me and it will work out fine. I thought of just dropping Michael off and coming home, but it would be too hard to go back and get him and he would end up abandoned. I had him ask if he could stay all night with a friend, but the mom said no. I should have done it as a mom ask mom thing, but I was feeling too anti-social to do it that way. Heather understands when I am this anti-social and puts up with my psychoses pretty well. I am sure it drives her a little batty, but she is used to my insanity. If I felt better physically I might be able to fake it, but the combination is deadly.

Happy today for cake mix.

No comments: