CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Rough Day

Started out with my daily check of the paper and HOLY HECK! The Commissioner's Claims weren't in. Somehow in the Brouhaha of my computer font changing on Friday a wrong thing got clicked on and.... so one of the first things I got to do was call the County Auditor's office this morning and be all humble and groveling. Then had to work on a particularly hard notice of foreclosure/ Sheriff's Sale. One of the typists is one vacation, so normally I would pass it off, but the remaining typist is overwhelmed so I worked very hard on it for an hour and a half and it had a very complicated and hard to read legal description (things like, " running thence 52 feet 46 minutes from a rock located on the center line of Hartstrait Rd 60 degrees southwest northwest 52 seconds quarter..." and it all makes no sense at all unless you are a land surveyor and I SUCK as a copy typist so when it doesn't make sense it is mind boggling). So then I go to get a drink and I wash my glass and I get my ice, lovely ice, and I fill up with water and head back to my desk and I say to Sue, "I really want soda, but I am being so good. I am having water." and together, we applaud my goodness. So I take a big swig of water and THEN notice a big black kinky hair, so definitely not mine, floating under my ice! I couldn't take it. I started crying right then. Probably all y'all know I kind of have a germ thing, a people touching my food thing, a commonly accused of OCD thing. I cried quietly for a couple of minutes, tried to suppress the true sobs, reminded myself of the picture we ran a few weeks ago of the man selling mud pies for people to actually EAT, and that I am happy I am not grateful for mud pies. I did decide at this point, however, that I DESERVE a soda, with sugar... SO I went a washed my glass again and bought a Sprite out of the machine (still half good - no caffeine), on my way back to my desk I though Hmmmm, I cried awful easily over that, so I checked my sugar - 96. About 100 is where I cry easily.

I'm not sure why it got so low. I actually felt like a high protein breakfast this morning which is VERY rare so I cooked eggs with tomatoes, onions, ham, and cheese and drank some grape juice with it. I didn't have any complex carbs, but I figured with all that protein the juice would be okay. So I must have crashed either because of the sugary juice or because of the emotional upset of the missing notice, etc... I read in the Live Journal community all the time of people going so low like in the fifties and sixties - I swear I would be unconscious if I went that low!

Then Gillian came back from sales meeting and burst into tears at her desk, too. Then Nikki came back from a sales call and said she had just been crying in her car! We all had that kind of day! Yuck.

I came home for lunch and made sure to have a balanced lunch of my whole grain, high protein pasta, with chicken and cheese added. I still need to make homemade sauce though, because the store bought is evil. Maybe I can get to that this weekend. I felt better physically this afternoon, but still very, very tired. So I called Michael and asked him to please not have any expectations from me for dinner, but that if he did I was willing to stop and get him Chinese. He was cool with just eating one of the entrees I bought for him at Trader Joe's that was an "Indian Fare" boil in a bag kind of thing, which now he is excited about because he thinks it will be good backpacking food. I just had a peanut butter and jelly and some trail mix for dinner and I think I'm good.

We watched the rest of "The Shawshank Redemption" while we ate and I am so glad Michael finally got to see it, because doesn't every mother love to share with her son a movie about homosexual rape and deadly violence... no about hope in a hopeless situation. "Get busy living or get busy dying."

Now Michael is at the climbing gym, either that or hit by a car and lying by the side of the road - he was supposed to call and tell me if he was going to stay, ahem! I have turned on the heater to make my room all cozy and as soon as I am done typing I am going to put in a load of laundry and then go cozy up to either a good book - I'm on a new Anita Shreve novel - or some good TV. No walking tonight. It's a day off for sure and then back in the saddle tomorrow because M will probably go back to bike project and it is the perfect time anyway.

Happy today for: Friends to cry with me!
Convenience food that is NOT mud pies.
My big exercise ball to sit on when I type that doesn't hurt my circulation and make my feet tinglier after a long day at the desk at work!

No comments: