CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 28, 2008

whew!

Long day, but a lot of work done. Toward the end of the month it's FINISH THE PAPERWORK AND DOCUMENTATION OR DIE. Well not really die, but not have your work completely done and that's not good.

Then cello lesson. Gillian fed us dinner in exchange for Michael and I doing the dishes. A fair deal. I relaxed while she cooked. She relaxed while we washed and we all had good company while we ate. It's a great thing our children all like each other and get along so well. We plan to maybe do a little more of these nice exchanges in the future. Everybody gets half the work and twice the fun!

I talked to Jennifer on the phone as soon as we got home. It was a good conversation, despite her recent sad happenings. It felt really good to just talk again. We always wait too long in between talks and visits. At the same time, we're the kind of friends that no matter how long we wait, it's always just as good! :)

I came home for lunch and made ham salad, but it wasn't my best ever. It tasted good, but I had too much in the food processor and had to mix it too long to get it to blend properly so it was not as chunkily textured as I like. I still think it is what I will have for my bedtime snack for my night-time meds.

So I still want to do a few of my dirty dishes so breakfast is possible in the morning, MAYBE start a load of laundry and have my snack and meds and get my butt in bed.

My house is freezing. My fingers feel so cold I feel like I can barely type. I was just complaining to Jenn about it. I am such a rebel I bumped the thermostat up a couple of degrees, but I'll probably feel guilty and turn it back down in the morning! Spring come soon, please! and that reminds me that today I was...

HAPPY FOR: On the way back from lunch the sun was shining, the sky was a beautiful blue and there were lovely mares' tails (cirrus clouds) wisping across the sky. If it hadn't been for that silly bank sign saying 22 degrees, it could easily been a lovely summer day!

Oh and a report on Dr. Payne from my SIL:
They are home now, and she says the Glenn is doing pretty good. There's still some swelling and blood that has to go away, but his memory has improved. He's doing therapy to work on getting his multi-tasking and recall of words back. Two doctors have said that there's no reason everything can't come back after he fully recovers. They also said the surgery in Guatemala was done well- which is a relief! It's so hard to trust doctors in another country when you can't speak their language.
What happened on the zip line is he was the last to go down out of 18 people. Somehow he got turned around, so he couldn't see the end, so he didn't know when to squeeze the handle to slow down. The main problem was the man on the ground who was suppose to stop people if they didn't slow themselves down wasn't paying attention, so he didn't stop him either! So he hit the pole (and also a nail or screw that was sticking out of the pole) with the back of his head!

Also another happy report that my great niece had her surgery to fix her ureters/ bladder reflux, which is what caused all my sister's kidney damage and subsequent transplant. Annika's surgery went great - she was in the hospital only six and half hours! YAY for great doctors, early diagnosis, and prevention of later life problems.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Yay for friends and food! My favorite was my cleaning buddy. We'd do her house for 3-4 hours one day and mine the next. Best arrangement ever.

Deb said...

So pleased to read a positive update on your brother's friend, Hopie. Big thanks for that! XOX