CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 25, 2008

Back in the saddle...

Last Thursday I walked three blocks from our lunch restaurant to the stamp shop and then back and back was UPHILL, and it was cold, too ugh.

Friday I took a 10 minute walking break downstairs around the little "track" by circulation.

Saturday, because of the parking dilemma at State solo/ensemble contest I walked probably over a mile and QUICKLY.

(Which is probably why Sunday I couldn't get my ass out of bed to make the soup!)

Tonight I went to the Y and walked a slow mile around the track. To tell the truth I probably wouldn't have left the house if Michael hadn't wanted to go to Bike Project, but he did, so I did and it was good. I could tell I was tired.

Problem is I know I have been REALLY sick, REALLY REALLY sick. Honestly. But a mile still feels like a failure to me. This is one of those things where I judge myself harshly. I had to FORCE myself to stop, even though I could feel that I was extremely tired. It's not that I am into some runner's high (or slow walker's high!), it's just some "not good enough" thing I have. Sad....

I still need to take a shower and maybe wash some dishes. I have decided I don't have enough time to do all the things I want and need to do so I am giving up cleaning house. It is now optional.

BUT TODAY: Happy for - I HAD cooked the chicken for the tortilla soup so we had an easy, lovely dinner of "Hawaiian Haystacks" because the chicken was already cooked. YAY!

1 comment:

Deb said...

"I love hippies, organics, Trader Joe's, and saddles."

Have a good week, Hopie. xo