CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 18, 2008

Couple of things:

I know I call this "Joy in the Journey" but I want to complain a little bit tonight! Okay, I know I complain a lot anyway, but this is bitching about things other people do that bug me.

Dangerous drivers. People who speed, cut in and out of traffic, tailgate and all that stuff. It wastes gas and risks lives.

People who don't leave voice mails. These are tools designed for convenience and to make our jobs and lives easier. Sometimes it is so much more efficient to leave and receive a voice mail than to have to exchange the pleasantries of the day!

My neighbor who has approximately 17 pieces of trucks and tow trucks in his yard. It makes the entire neighborhood look bad. When I get a camera I will take a picture for y'all.

Barking dogs. (I'm sure CoCo never barks) my neighbor now has FOUR large dogs and it really pisses me off. She told me that they told her she had to have a kennel license to get any more when she had three and I am tempted to check because it is bad enough now with the house sealed up and when spring comes and we open the house...

My editor - who a few weeks ago had an editorial about how horrible domestic abuse is, yet every time there is a story about a guy beating the shit out of his wife and getting arrested it is on page seven and the front page story is something about a fucking basketball coach.

My son who is trying to piss me off. God damn long haired hippie freak.

A woman at work is prejudice against many different types of people and talks loudly and frequently about them in a "joking" manner. I have already talked to Cory once about her comments about a gay customer. I will do it again if I have to.

A woman at work who passes emails on to me about Christian stuff even though I have asked her not to do it. Last week she passed on this one about people who denied God and the horrible deaths they suffered, then it said I should pass it on to eight people to be blessed. One of the examples was the guy from AC/DC who sang "Highway to Hell" then choked to death on his own vomit ---- good thing I woke up that night before I started puking! It could have been my atheist punishment for not passing on the email!!!

I think I am finished.

Idea on which I wouldn't mind feedback or ideas. About once a week I pass a guy here or there with a sign that says something about "hungry, stranded, broke, desperate, etc.... anything helps or will work for food." I rarely have cash and wouldn't feel comfortable giving it anyway. What about making up a couple of gallon ziplock bags to keep in the car with small water bottles, peanut butter, crackers, raisins, packaged cheese, beef sticks, peanuts, or stuff like that which could easily be handed out the car window and would keep for a while? Bloomington does have a Community Kitchen and Shelters. I could also put in a note or card with addresses to Community Kitchen and a bus ticket or something? What do you think? If one of them is a scammer, all I've lost is a couple of bucks, tops, and I waste money on a lot worse things than the chance that I might actually be helping somebody.

Happy today for: Mittens. I love mittens. Much warmer than gloves and gloves inside mittens is DA BOMB!

3 comments:

Amber said...

I bought some 'adult' sized mittens at Target on clearance for like $1 a pair- I'm not sure why I've never worn them before- but I'm pretty sure I'll not be going back. It's so much nicer to drive to school at 0:dark-thirty with mittens on to keep my fingers warm rather then gloves that don't warm up until the car does.

I hate dogs because they bark. Occasionally there will be a dog I can handle- but usually they are very quiet.

Jokes about people you're intolerant of aren't funny ever- but completely inappropriate at work.

Ditto for religious stuff at work- but being religious- I still HATE those kinds of emails. HATE. I've been known to respond to them in not a nice way. I don't get too many anymore.

I think your idea is a good one. Personally I prefer to error on the side of caution. I'd rather help someone who doesn't need it then not help someone who does. I think your idea is a good one. I actually saw a guy in the parking lot of Walmart pull over and get out of his car and open his trunk- where he had tons of sacks (looked like sack lunches) and pulled on out for a guy with a sign. I thought that was cool.

I also knew a girl in Vegas who's dad owned a construction company. When we pulled up to a streetlight with a beggar with a 'will work for food' sign she rolled down the window and handed him a business card with her dad's name/address on it. She told him if he could get there he could have work. She did that on a regular basis on her dad's instruction. If they came he'd feed them, clothe them as necessary and give them a job. I thought that was cool.

KAT said...

When we lived in Atlanta we would pass several beggers a day on the way to school. Gordon and I ended up trying to always have some extra food on us to share, but not hand out money. It was surprising how many would refuse the food. But some did take it and were grateful.

Deb said...

My Ms. CoCo barks, but she was never an annoying barker. Always she was good to bark with an alert to something important, close to the doors--rather than to nuisance sounds or common movement (the mail carrier, the street sweeper, cars and/or children just walking down the street, etc.). The first few water tank deliveries after joining our family she alerted, before listening that it was an acceptable intrusion.

In all honesty, I don't quite understand irresponsible, inconsiderate pet owners.