CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Well, I had fun last night...

despite my dread of it I actually enjoyed "retro night" at Jake's. We started out at the hick bar, but it was just boring and scary. Then we went to a bar out at one of the big condo/ resorts out by the lake, then we came into town and went to Jake's. It turned out to be Stephanie, Emily, Pat and me. First time I have gone on a pub crawl/ bar hopping with my daughter. And of course with Pat and his infinite buying of drinks... I didn't stick to my usual diet Coke. I normally don't drink at all because I am relaxed and have fun without it, but last night I succumbed to peer pressure. I will admit, however, that is probably why I was able to enjoy Jake's.

I slept somewhat late today, but still got up and went to church, which was nice again. Then I just really needed some time alone. I love my children, but I am used to having days when I don't talk to anybody and I LIKE those days. So after church I went shopping for new sandals. I am not supposed to wear them anyway, and the ones I was wearing were not just cheap with no support, but also wearing out. So I went to Kohl's and ended up buying a higher quality pair of sandals with nice support and a gel sole of some sort. They were $35.00 which is absolutely outrageous to me considering my financial situation, but I can't afford any more foot problems, stress fractures, X-ray fees, etc... and I just can't take wearing the athletic goodformyfeet shoes all the time like I am supposed to. I also looked for a cheap purse, but couldn't find anything.

I went to the pet store and bought my betta fish! I haven't decided what to name it yet. It is a male and has a really fringey tail. I am kind of tempted to name is Peg as a tribute to Peggy and her work and love for the Folk of The Fringe board and people. Part of me says that is disrespectful, and part of me says she would think it is hilarious. I guess I'm hoping for hilarious, because in my head, I think I am already calling it Peg, sort of a male shortening of Peggy.

Happy today for all my time alone and wandering the retail world.

2 comments:

Ann said...

I think Peggy would find it delightful that you named your Fringe-y fish after her. The only think she might enjoy more is a bearded lizard of some sort, but the fish will do just fine!

Just don't kill it, 'kay? And if you do, don't tell me.

Hope said...

I will try very hard to NOT kill this one. Ringo lasted a good, long time and I am sure Peg will also.