CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 28, 2008

P.S.

I am also a little frustrated because I would like some support from Will right now. He went to Cleveland and I can't remember when he is coming back. I know it has to be by Tuesday because classes start, and I am pretty sure he will have his regular teaching schedule. I know I could call his cell phone and just find out, but I don't want to be "clingy" because he is a "not boyfriend," or so we have decided... I am surprised he hasn't called me, actually, even though he is out of town, but I guess that is the way he works. It hasn't been long enough for me to know.

I have had a lot of support from coworkers and friends who are willing to listen to me and it is really helpful. I think I just need maybe lots of physical hugs and reassurance right now and Will would provide that if he were here. Nice Jim has been good email support and good coping skills ideas and very honest about his experiences with Roma and with the exchange students he has hosted. It's just not the same even as a "not boyfriend" who is willing to cuddle and hold hands when necessary.

Oh and it turns out Yelena is in Belarus for two more weeks... I talked to her husband today. So I sent my email and phone with Gillian to ask her neighbor who speaks or is Russian or something if he can translate a note to Roma's parents for me. I haven't heard back from him yet.

Oh and here is real news. I wrote an episode of "Half-Wit" today. It is not a full one thousand words so I still need to write more for this week, but it is a really important one, that was probably pivotal to my psyche, so I am glad for it. I have another one in mind for the next episode so I am feeling good about my writing goal for this week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got your writing..I just haven't had the time to sit and read it. I am skimming your blogs right now...have a lot on my plate. I just wanted to let you know, FIRST and foremost: I LOVE YOU! I hope you continue to heal from your surgery. I promise to update you ASAP with all that is going on.

I am sorry Roma is having so much trouble adjusting. I had a friend in H.S. end up going back to Germany mid-senior year because she just couldn't hack it. She was too homesick. Sometimes people just can't make the adjustments when things don't turn out the way they think they should. I do hope you aren't taking it at all personally...You're amazing!

I will write more later.