CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Bad/ Good

Bad: I didn't get in the movement today. I was a little really busy and a little lazy and didn't take "smoke breaks" at work. Friday is always a BIG day for me and I am worried about going into it with as many piles on my desk as I have. I had INSANE township trustees and City Officials plaguing me today with problems and changes with their annual Budget Estimates. Oh well, I gues soon I will get to go back to working with regular morons instead of people who don't realize they are morons simply because they went to law school or work for the government.

Good: I presented some information about fund raising to all the orchestra parents tonight and it went well. I haven't spoken in public for a while so I was nervous. In the past I have always received remarks like, "You really can command an audience. You ought to be a teacher. Do you do seminars professionally?" Tonight I had several people say I should be a stand up comedian! Maybe my more relaxed attitude in the past few years has changed the way I present material. It was very satisfying. For feeling as shy as I do, when I get up in front of an audience like that something happens... I felt like I really had them captured and understanding the points, so yay for me. I didn't even really plan that much what I was going to say either... I worked on it for maybe half an hour, and most of that was probably printing and coloring my pictures for what I called my multi-media presentation. I'm sure the pictures didn't show well in the back of the auditorium like a PowerPoint presentation would, but hey, ya gotta do what ya gotta do! I have crayons at home and no printer!

Happy today for: something silly. Steve wears either a navy blue or black pocket t-shirt to work every day. No kidding. In TEN years, that is all I have seen. Today he wore a light blue polo-style shirt. Maybe he has a woman... I saw another car in his driveway last weekend. Even though I will be sad to lose out on my secret crush, I would be happy for him. especially if it makes him feel like making a positive change like a light blue shirt!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fundraising Idea: Fazzolis used to have a deal where they had all you can eat Spaghetti/Alfedo Plate for say, $5. Every one sold earned a dollar. Then, the Music Business group would advertise and get friends and family to go that night. We would bring in a Clavinova (Portable Piano) and have live music in one of the corners. I don't know if Fazolis still does this, or if Bloomington's would have Enough room for that. We set out tip jars for the musicians and such to earn more money.
Heather