CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 25, 2008

Better.

M & R did get the lawn ready and I mowed. I also went to the store to get the rest of the stuff for Roma's party.

We are having a little exchange student conflict. I am going to have to learn more about being assertive and dealing with rebellious teenagers. Michael looks like he ought to be a pot smoking defiant asshole, but he's the sweetest kid, ever. Not so, Roma. Sigh...

Happy today for: making it through and that's about it. Okay, lawn mowing. I really, really like it. I thought to myself - I had surgery (THREE procedures! THREE incisions!) ten days ago and maybe I shouldn't be out mowing, but it felt so great. I felt like Superwoman. Now I am off to make super potato salad!

3 comments:

Ann said...

I have been reading and thinking about your problem with the exchange student and it just occurred to me - you have an alpha male. He doesn't respect you because you are a woman, and he's trying to establish himself as "in charge."

I think the patriarchy has come to your home. Squish it, my friend.

Hope said...

I think it will be squished quickly. He was also an asshole at Jim's house, though.. and Jim is definitely an Alpha male. I asked exchange coordinator to the party and have a plan so we can first make sure the part I caught him LYING about tonight is squished. I also have an email in to the physics teacher for a homework check.

Bad table manners don't bother me, swearing doesn't bother me, strange clothing doesn't bother me, but dishonesty is INTOLERABLE. Emily only lied to me once and by the time she tearfully admitted it, it was punishment enough. That's just not the way things work in this house and that part will be fixed right away. If I catch him in one more lie he will be out of my home.

And now, even Superwoman must try to sleep.

Deb said...

Reading bits and pieces I wonder he thinks he's on an American holiday. With the help of the program coordinator, squish it--so he learns early on that single parents (women) are caring, but sufficiently wise and strong to take no crap.

Maybe Michael can help him understand a household is a community, where all contribute with respect for the home, its inhabitants and the boundaries therein. That principle is not unique to Indiana, South or North America, Romania...

Then, there are teenagers.

Saluting your willingness to allow Roma this experience, however it turns out.

Deb