CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 18, 2008

Ouch today.



Okay. I learned my lesson about resting when one is supposed to be recovering from surgery. Emily and I checked my incisions last night and the low middle one has a deep, deep bruise four or five inches wide and about three inches high. I don't think it was that way before I went on a hike. I really did enjoy the hike, and the picnic, and the party I went to later, but ouch, ouch, ouch. So then I had to drive to West Lafayette and deliver Emily back to college today and it was rather uncomfortable. I was pretty good and didn't carry any heavy stuff. The heaviest thing I carried was the shelves for the china cabinet that Mom and Dad had given me, but Chris hadn't brought the shelves. it is VERY hard for me to NOT work and NOT help and I felt like a weenie, but the pain kept reminding me. Tomorrow is back to work and I am a little nervous. I need to try to get to bed by 11:00 tonight, but I have like five more things on my list to do first. I know, I know... why do I have a list when I am supposed to be resting? Because I am ME, so there!

Top picture is Michael and me at Wolf Cave. Bottom is exchange students and their host siblings. Roma is in the second row in the blue shirt, looking goofy.