CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Just mowed.

Now I am disgusting and need to get in the shower soon. I will also get sick if I don't get the crap off me soon enough. Ugh for allergies.

I went to UU again today. I hadn't thought about the fact that they would talk about the shooting at the UU in Knoxville last week. It made me cry, as that stuff always does. Rev. Breeden is the one who talked about that part - he prayed for the victims, their families and for the perpetrator also. He talked about how the shooter indicated that it was because of the liberal beliefs of the church and then then he talked about how the liberal beliefs include loving and wishing peace for even that man. It was quite amazing.

Rev. Macklin gave the sermon today and it was called Mistakening/ Awakening. She taught about how we can learn from our mistakes. I really, really loved it. Not ONCE were the terms sin/ repentance used. She talked about how guilt is unproductive, but learning from our mistakes is positive. If I ever join another church, it will be UU.

Happy today for fireflies/lightning bugs. I may have said that once already this year, but it makes me happy when I am mowing toward evening and they join me. I want to live in a place that doesn't have fleas, but does have fireflies. Does that exist?

3 comments:

Deb said...

I thought of you Friday night while watching 'Rachael Ray's Tasty Travels' on the Food Network. The episode focussed on the beauty of Santa Fe and it's great food finds.

Not a scientist, neither an entomologist, the flea:firefly ratio for New Mexico eludes me.

Deb

Michael Carr - Veritas Literary said...

We have fireflies in Northern New England. Never seen a flea.

Hope said...

It's too snowy there! Maybe I can come live at the inn and write full time. I will pay you to go out and buy all the groceries so I will NEVER have to get cold again.