CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 11, 2008

I can be very selfish...

I have always told my children, "I might jump out in front of a tow truck to save your life, but I am not the kind of mom to give you that last piece of chocolate cake. " Well I have found I might offer you free room and board for a year (except for the last piece of chocolate cake!), but I will not take all of my stuff out of the newly acquired and somewhat organized closet I just claimed for my craft supplies. So we have a room set up with a bed with a nice new comforter in Roma's favorite color, a dresser, a chair, a throw rug by the bed, a bunch of hangers and a laundry basket... I just can't bring myself to move my craft stuff back out. So occasionally Roma is going to have to put up with me invading his space and digging around in the closet if I need some of my stuff. The sewing machine and stuff is currently out, as I STILL haven't finished Miko's dress. The goal is by next Monday so I can take it to Lafayette when I take Emily back. I also took out the supplies for the next projects I plan to start and the knitting stuff that I use most often is already in my room. So it really shouldn't be too often that I need to get in there.

I wish I could have found a night stand or small table, but wasn't able to. I got the dresser at Goodwill for $30, the comforter for $14.50 and the throw rug was $2.50. The dresser is blue, kind of cool, but kind of weird, but if he wants to paint it brown to match the bed I will buy the paint and he can do it. I will probably just use it inside the closet for fabric or craft supply storage after he is gone and then dump it when I move out west.

I wish I would have had the time and energy to clean the rug. It is really nasty. They had some 5x7 area rugs at the evil empire for $20, but I already felt like I was spending too much money and we have to drive to Indy tomorrow and then drive Emily all the way back to W. Lafayette Monday... She said she'd pay for gas for that trip, at least.

I am already worried about what I will make for dinner tomorrow. Sigh. I can always fall back on pasta for the first night, I guess! Maybe I will go with my impressive fettucini alfredo, and Emily and I can add grilled chicken to ours.

House still seems somewhat cluttered. I know it feels worse to me when I am ANXIOUS. Emily has been quite compassionate toward my psychoses and been quite helpful. She just did some items off my list without me asking so that was really nice.

I had the first meeting of the BIG COMMITTEE I am going to be on for the orchestra fund raising. It went well and I felt really positive.

So happy tonight for lots of things. Although I feel quite anxious, I have coped well, Emily has been helpful, Michael to some extent (although he has to be TOLD). AND!

Really happy for: I saw a new kind of Dawn dish soap tonight that says it helps your hands be softer. I bought it right away! There are very few things I am passionate about brand -name on, but I think dish soap is one of them. I will buy the Aldi brand if I am feeling guilty about spending too much money recently, but I really like Dawn the best.

2 comments:

Kim Anderson said...

Did I hear move out west?? SLC, I hope. That would be sooooo fun.

I'm a little slow...is the evil empire Walmart?

love you,
Kim

Hope said...

Yep - I am leaning toward New Mexico - maybe Santa Fe. I have no clue why. I have never been there! The more research I do, however, the better I feel about it - Big art scene, opera company, mountains... ahhh... I will visit sometime in the next couple of years, as soon as I can afford.

Yes, Wal-mart.