CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 30, 2008

What a trip.

Three hours to Lafayette and three hours back. We saw five or six accidents on the way there and I saw two accidents and someone stuck in the median on the way back. There was snow on the ground up north, but the roads were honestly only wet. People just go too damn fast when they ought to be cautious. I always say, "The speed limit is 65 when it's a sunny, dry day. That doesn't mean you have to go 65 when it is raining, foggy and dark!"

Happy notes - we also spotted two hawks in th trees on the way there and on the way home I spotted two in trees and two that swooped in front of my car - one so close that I was afraid I would hit it and in the fragment of a second worried that it was big enough to break my windshield. I also went under an airplane by the airport. Those are the silly, happy things about my trip.

I guess another happy thing about it was that Emily and I had a great time and we were able to talk and laugh about our (or my) psycho-ness yesterday. We can fight and bitch like you wouldn't believe but we ALWAYS end up laughing at each other and ourselves later.

Right now she is deciding about Christmas. Mandy's father invited her up there for the holidays and she is seriously considering going. I will be sad if she goes up there and asked her if she did if they would consider coming down here for New Year's. So we will see. I know that this is part of the children growing up. Also if I move 2000 miles away like I would like to do that there will be plenty of years I will end up celebrating holidays without Emily and Michael around, depending on where she gets a job, where he goes to school, who lives with whom, who gets married and all that.

So a LON, LONG day in the car, but a good day, overall. Christmas tree is assembled and lights and garlands are on, but it is up to Michael and me and maybe Katie, depending when we do it to complete the decorating. I'll try to get a picture when it's done. Last year we used only our homemade ornaments with a couple of exceptions. This year I think I want to do the whole shebang. We shall see.

No comments: