CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Baking Chocolate Cheesecake


For the Night of Dance tomorrow. You know, I think it was for Night of Dance that I first started the whole cheesecake baking experiments. I remember that year I made an "Autumn Harvest" cheese cake, with sliced apples on the top, then I decided it needed a caramel sauce to go with it. After that was a success I decided to start checking out different recipes until it evolved into making my own recipes as I varied, combined, added different kinds of toppings etc... I still look at recipes on allrecipes and stuff like that... I have my basic recipe that I am happy with and vary it to make different flavors. Next up, I want to try try butterscotch. I decided to just go with plain chocolate for tomorrow. I think my best successes have been the "chelonia cheesecake" the mint chocolate and the white chocolate raspberry swirl. I think I can add a picture of it later.

Happy today for someone to share meat with! I made meatloaf for dinner, which I have been craving. Yum. Let hippie boy worry about his own protein source tonight!

2 comments:

Sarah Mae said...

I have to confess that I have never made a real cheesecake before, it looks like a lot of work! We had a cheesecake class awhile back with RS, and I came home with a bunch of different recipes I still need to try. I emailed them to Amber, and I could email to you if ya want!

Hope said...

Email away. I always love to get new ideas, even if I don't use te exact recipes. Thanks!