CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 1, 2008

I'm not dead,

but I really actually did skip blogging for a night. I got so tired last night while we were waiting for trick or treaters that I fell asleep on the couch. I finally wandered into my room and went to bed in my clothes on top of the covers, just under my Hello Kitty throw. I finally woke up about 5:00 and was freezing, so I changed into jammies and went back to sleep until about 8:30 this morning! I must have been totally exhausted. I have slept pretty well this week, honestly, and even skipped dishes to go to bed early a couple of nights (you should see my kitchen!).

Michael and I just returned from a round of thrift shopping. He had to play his cello at a holiday Bazaar, and I went to Goodwill while he was there. I spotted one pair of pants that were his size (30x32, nearly impossible to find - and really he could use a 29 waist!), but REALLY light khaki, which doesn't really go well with chain grease. So after I picked him up we returned so he could try them, on. He decided they fit well enough to buy, but that he wants to dye them black. It makes me kind of nervous to think of black dye in the new washer, but I know if you run a bleach load afterward it's usually okay. He also found a jacket he likes that is SO eighties, the zipper is off center. It makes me laugh. I tell him because he didn't live through the seventies and eighties he doesn't remember hpw ugly everybody was! I found some good books. I picked up a couple of books of women's erotica. I am wondering if writing a couple of erotic books might be a quick way to get published and make some money. I guess there is a big market for it, yet a lot of it is very poorly written. Some well-written erotic books might sell well. We'll see! I'm sure if I have the guts to do it. or the imagination, because it would mostly have to come from my imagination and NOT experience! :) I was a good, Mormon woman for so long...

Well, I might write again later, but maybe not. I have about three days worth of dishes to do and exercise and dump and, you know, all my Saturday stuff. Michael also has to play at a wedding today, but he has a ride to that one, so at least I get some time to myself and some uninterrupted home time.

Happy today for THRIFT SHOPPING! I love that Michael found some clothes and I found some great books... including a hardback of Barbara Kingsolver's "Prodigal Summer" It's one of my favorites. I want hardcover editions of all her books. I have three so far.

Off to be domestic for a while.

No comments: