CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 3, 2008

Smokey & Me



This is last fall when Heather and I took a two day vacation down at Spring Mill State Park. When I see this picture I feel like I can really tell I have lost weight since then and that FINALLY some of the weight that I have lost has been in my belly. YAY ME! She's on her vacation this week and is going to come down here Wednesday or Thursday. We're too poor to go anywhere this year, but we are probably going to go out to eat Wednesday to celebrate the ninth anniversary of her kidney transplant. Thursday I have to bake cheesecakes for Night of dance. Friday is Night of Dance and Emily and Mandy are coming too... It's a busy week for me!

Tonight I am baking cookies for Sonja's birthday tomorrow. I am going to make EASY cake-mix cookies. French vanilla cake mix with butterscotch chips and pecans. They are SO good. It's one of my favorite combinations. Cake mix cookies are kind of "cheating" to me because they're not really from scratch, but sometimes you do what you've gotta do!

I bought a new pedometer last night and it doesn't work well either! I can't figure out why I can't get a pedometer to work anymore. This is the third one I've tried since I broke my old one. I had it for a couple of years and it served me well until I dropped it too many times and broke its guts. Now I can't find one to replace it that seems to keep an accurate count. For example, I looked at mine today and it said 146 steps. I walked all the way to the bathroom and back and then it read 151... Umm yeah - more like 100. So I don't know what to do. I want to be able to set a goal and achieve it. I like doing the minutes of activity and recording that okay, but I like to have the number of steps along with it.

Happy today for: Michael made dinner - it was simple, but I didn't have to do it.

Also - I didn't write that the other night at the bar I found an old friend with whom I worked 19 years ago. It was really nice to see him and I had wondered over the years what had happened to him because he had some traumatic things happen in his life back then. I am glad to see that he is doing well now.

1 comment:

Deb said...

You're so lucky: a photo with Smokey the Bear!

...he can find a fire before it starts to flame, that's why they call him Smokey, that's how he got his name.

Green with envy Deb

Importantly, my congratulations to Heather for the milestone.