CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Date Report:

It was mixed. He seems like a nice guy. We had pretty good conversation. He has a real job in his own business and explained how he got there. We talked about Bloomington - he used to live here. We talked about family. We talked about cooking. All that was nice. He is just really socially awkward. He didn't do any of the nice things like greet me well, offer to take my coat, make sure I had eaten dinner, etc... When he paid the tab he gave a $20 and she didn't ask if he needed change nor bring any back, so it must have been $20. THEN he left four quarters on the table for a tip. We were there for two hours, the woman refilled my Diet Coke numerous times, checked up on us frequently and deserved like a $5.00 tip. I should have sneaked back in and given her more money. He wants to go out again and invited me to his house so he can cook Mediterranean food for me. That might be nice, but I am not sure I feel comfortable going in his house. I think we'd need another test date or two first. Also he is kind of effeminate and wimpy looking so I didn't feel very attracted to him and you have to admit that's part of life. I swear my friend Rachael looks less feminine in her wig and nails and makeup and whole cross-dressing thing, than my date did in male gender identification clothing. Does that make sense? (Sorry Rachael, it's those fab shoulders and arms that do you in!)

So in summary, I might go out with him again if he initiates it. I don't think the next date should be dinner at his place. And I wonder if the reason is is 52 and never been married is something he either hasn't discovered or admitted to himself yet. Ah hah... maybe he needs a different kind of friend.

No comments: