CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Party day!

I felt good all day today about election stuff and about knowing I had done my part! Some of the local races turned out other than I would have liked, but that's life.

Tonight Heather and I went out to dinner. She got to choose because it was her celebration, so we went to O'Charley's. I like it, but I ate too much! Then we went and walked all around Old Navy and walked down to Lowes and walked all around the store and I fantasized about home improvement. Pedestal sinks, tile, celing fans, patio doors, light fixtures... things that generally make a woman swoon, of course.

She's watching some TV she likes and I am going to get the kitchen completely clean tonight. Tomorrow is baking night. I am going to make some kind of cheesecake and some other "fancy dessert." I am thinking of either truffles or of gingerbread cookies. Gingerbread doesn't sound fancy, but I make them in the fall with these leaf cookie cutters and put granulated sugar on them so they're sparkly, and I think they are pretty! Also, I don't know if it's true of all gingerbread cookie recipes, but the one I use is vegan; no butter, milk or eggs involved. I need to go ingredient shopping and I wonder if I can get Heather to do that while I am at work so I can have more baking time in the evening. She has already volunteered to take Michael to cello lesson and I don't want her to feel like I am using her for a slave, but it would sure help out.

Happy today for. That kidney still filtering away in Heather! After years of dialysis, nine years with a working kidney is an amazing treat. Also, one more warm day. I couldn't resist, I painted my toesies this morning and wore my sandals to work that one last time - of course now my feet hurt. Ouch, but a happy ouch that was worth it today!

No comments: