CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

NOT mono...

Hippie Boy has been so sick. Three or four weeks ago I had him go get a strep test - negative. In the meantime, we find out his friend John has mono. Today he was so sick he couldn't get out of bed. I took him to the dr. this afternoon. She said his spleen is not enlarged and his glands aren't too swollen, but they did the CBC and mono test. His red and white cells are okay and no mono. She said if in a couple of weeks he is still so fatigued to come back.

I have been worried about him being depressed and overwhelmed. He has been VERY upset lately about visiting his dad and very, very busy with school and activities. He hasn't had time to go climbing, not as much bike project as he would like, no war protest, and so tired. He usually goes to bed at 9:00, but his bedtime lately has either been too late because he has had too much homework, or earlier because he is so fatigued. I have even offered to take him back to counseling (he went some a few years ago), to see if he could learn some new tools for coping with his situation with his father.

I am getting more into Facebook lately. Big time waster. I need to read five more books to make my goal for the year and I am currently reading "The Milagro Beanfield War" which is extremely good, but very dense in character description and it requires concentration. I haven't even read for a few days, maybe since the weekend... I did some knitting today on a hat which I think will be super, super cool. I will definitely post a picture of it when complete. I think tonight I am skipping dishes, even though I always regret the next day, but I really want to either watch something and knit or work on the book. Emily left "27 dresses" and maybe I will watch that.

Katie and I went grocery shopping tonight and really stocked up. It felt good. We did Aldi and the evil empire and got everything on the list except wheat germ. It's usually cheaper in bulk at Bloomingfoods anyway.

SO - happy today for lots of things. That we have health insurance and I was able to take Michael to the doctor when needed. That on Facebook I joined the Bob Zaltsberg Fan club - he's our editor and I think it's hilarious and I love him!

No comments: