CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Drunken domestic bliss...

I went out last night and met two different batches of friends at a bar. My friend Pat, from work came and started buying drinks. I hardly EVER drink when I go out, but last night I ended up getting drunk. I haven't done that in over twenty years. I had fun though and was rather uninhibited, while usually I am pretty reserved. I danced and just had a really good time. It was a good thing I was with Pat because he is a good friend and doesn't think with his penis... I could have been an easy target for anybody last night in that condition. Pat is so nice, though - he brought me home, made me check my sugar, take my medicine, made sure I went to bed okay. Then he came back and took me today to go get my car. I'm really happy to have a good friend I can trust. I had such a crush on him when he first came here and was disappointed that nothing romantic ever happened, but I have really learned to value him as a friend over the past couple of years.

The rest of the weekend for me is domestic bliss - I actually made a huge batch of spaghetti sauce and canned it this morning. We like the homemade because I make it with no sugar - most of the bottled sauce has sugar or high fructose corn syrup. I hadn't canned it before, but always frozen it. I was encouraged by Amber's canning and Christie at work so I was daring.

I plan to take a long walk, probably on the Clear Creek Trail, and then just relax some more.

Happy today for Pat's kindness, that Michael got to go climbing, that I swept my floor and that life is content and calm.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Yay for canning and good friends! I'm glad I encouraged you. I'm pretty sure I never want to can again. I add sugar to mine- but I figure it's better then high fructose corn syrup.

Deb said...

Whatever life brings, here's to the good people around us whom we trust. More valuable than gold.

And here's to your canning success. I'm still a chicken about it and so I salute the both of ya!

Deb