CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Feeling better!

I worked hard today, but am not so exhausted. Oh - well, actually I remember that I left work early to take Michael to an appt. Then I came home and slept for about an hour before cello lesson! So maybe I WAS tired, but now I'm not! During his lesson I went to the mall to eat Chik-Fil-A and ran into Danille! YAY! We have been out of touch and I have been sad about it. So we ate dinner together and chatted and it was great! I talked too much about me and I need to hear more about her and what is going on. I know she is doing the PhD job search after a gazillion years of school, but there aren't that many openings for Folklore professors int he world. I've been thinking of hosting a brunch and inviting women from my different groups who I think would all enjoy each other and Danille is definitely one of them. She's one of my leftover LDS friends with whom I hope to never part. She was in YW when Emily still went to church and was so dedicated to Emily that she came and took her to early morning seminary 2-3 time a week because she knew how hard it was for me to get up in the morning - now THAT is love and service, for me and Emily. I think Danille would love some of the women from Buffalo Sisters and Women Inspire. Maybe around New Year's I will try it. I'll have to start working it out.

I am baking cookies (already done) and brownies for the orchestra chili supper tomorrow. I still need to put the brownies together, so I am going to do that now so I don't miss the beginning of ER.

Happy today for: DANILLE! Also Chik-Fil-A was super busy so they gave me TWO free sandwich cards tonight and I go almost every Thursday anyway during the cello lesson. So for two weeks I will only have to pay for my lemonade! Woo Hoo!

1 comment:

Binne77 said...

I love running into old friends. I hate that life sometimes parts us, but it's the way of things I guess.

If you do have a get together, let me know. One of these years I do plan to leave Georgia. ;-p

Everyone at stumphome is sick right now. This has never happened before...we're all sick w/ the same exact thing...congestion, sore throats, body aches, slight fevers and a cough coupled w/ stuffy AND runny noses, depending on the time of day. blah.