CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 10, 2008

Buffalo Gal...

Well, really Buffalo Sisters Gift Circle.

Tonight I gave how to make bath salts and took materials so a couple of women could make a jar and take home.

I received an accupressure session focusing on stress points, and then talked to a woman about food and nutrition. She kind of talked to me about making things from scratch instead of buying, specifically pasta and yogurt. Michael eats a ton of yogurt so if I could make it myself it might be cheaper. She said the best kind of culture to buy is just over $5.00, but it is enough to make 2 gallons of yogurt. So let's see, if I spend $5.00 on culture and $6.00 on milk, it's $11.00 for two gallons of yogurt... Usually I pay about $2.00 or just under for a quart so if there are four quarts to a gallon... then I now paying $8.00 a gallon for yogurt as opposed to $5.50 if I made it from scratch. The method she uses doesn't require any special equipment and makes two quarts at a time, which is a reasonable amount for Michael to have.

It was a pretty cool night, literally and figuratively.

Happy for: That Katie is staying here. She went to Bike Project with Michael while I went to Buffalo Sisters. Michael really needs another nurturing adult in his life right now. There is a lot of negative with his dad and he needs to know that other adults love and respect him and his principles.

No comments: