CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Yawn.

I stayed late at the office, not really working just messing around. Then I went to the Chinese place that has the seafood dish I love and bought some to go and brought it home. too expensive to ever do that again. I ate it while watching the next part of "Angels in America." I planned to go out and work on the yard, but the bed was so alluring... so now I have napped, but I am still ready to go to bed soon.

Michael is off to the solar bike race in Missouri so I am on my own until Sunday. I've had thoughts of going up to Lafayette and helping Mom and Dad at the house or of seeing Emily. To do either one, however, I feel like I need to have my house clean and some other stuff taken care of before I can go. My house is so dirty that I decided to take before pictures. As I get it clean I will take after pictures and post them so you can see that I am totally not exaggerating when I say my house is messy!

I've had a couple of invites to go out this weekend, but I really only feel like maybe doing karaoke and everybody else wants to go dancing at "Retro" night. I just don't like Retro night that much. Every once in a while I like to go dance, but I like to be in a place where you can actually hear each other and have conversations and that is NOT at Retro night! If I can find a taker on karaoke I'll go do that.

I don't know if I wrote about it, but in January when Michael said he didn't feel well all the time I sent him to the dr. They did a gazillion tests, chest X-rays, I don't even know everything, another mono test, UTI tests... Over $1200 worth of labs (yep, I'm back in medical debt already!). They decided he has Seasonal Affective Disorder and told me he needs more exercise and sunlight. Ummm... he rides his bike MILES everyday!!! I was really frustrated by the non-diagnosis. Feeling like I had wasted my money. I realize how lucky we are. I paid (or will eventually pay) $1200 to find out Michael has nothing. I could have paid $1200 to find out he has leukemia or some other horrible cancer or disease. Emily's roommate of all four years of college has a little sister named Casey - Well Casey found out she wasn't feeling good because of a tumor by her spine and yes, it is cancerous. Mandy is going back to Wisconsin to spend time with Casey instead of staying with Emily until they get jobs. I guess the plan is for Casey to drop out of school for a year for chemo. Yuck. I feel so sad for them. Mandy and Casey have been through a lot together as their family situation has changed over the past few years and are pretty close. Emily is also really sad because of Mandy leaving and sad for Mandy too. They have kind of been through a lot together also. Sadness and concern all around. I called Emily tonight thinking I'd ask if she plans to help get Mandy's stuff together and if she wants help, but she was hanging out with someone and didn't want to talk. I think she is pretty shaken by the whole thing.

Positive thoughts flowing up to Wisconsin for Casey.

Oh - and my feet are getting better. The skin is healing, but I bruise very easily and now there are bruises around where the biggest blisters are. It's pretty painful to walk - especially stairs, but I feel like I don't have to worry about infection anymore.

No comments: