CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 8, 2009

Up late again.

And have driven to Indy and back again. I was going to say NO MORE DRIVING for at least two weeks, then I realized I am driving a van full of stinky science geeks to Georgia in a few days!

Lately Ed has been picking Michael up on Friday nights, but we are splitting the weekend so Michael can be here on Mother's Day. I don't want to drive up tomorrow because I have a friend who is having a book release and book signing party. If you go, are you obligated to buy a book? I kind of don't want to, but maybe I will anyway, just to be supportive. Besides that he printed Emily's graduation announcements for me for only the price of a cheesecake, so he is helping me out too.

My body did strange things again tonight. I ate little today, but it included a protein bar and some fruit, no candy, no sugared soda, maybe not as much water as usual. I really wanted the Chinese buffet that has all the crab stuff I crave so we went there on the way to Ed's. I didn't overeat, really. I ate lots of protein, no rice, no noodles, the carbs I ate was some soft serve ice cream in a reasonable amount. Sick, in the bathroom, ugh. Then we drove the rest of the way and I went to Wal-mart to get off my ass and just to buy stuff we need. About halfway through the store I started feeling like it was droppig again - the hot and sweaty, weak and shaky.... So I picked up a sugary root beer AND a gallon of water so I would be prepared either way. I tested when I got to the car - 143 - a little high, but shouldn't be make me sick high. So I kind of drank a little root beer and a little water, alternating on the way home. I just tested again - it's 176. Good thing I am drinking water as I type! I just checked my meter - the last time I tested that high was March 29. I did drop one of the pills this morning, but it is one that I had experimented with dropping before. I think I still not take it tomorrow and see what happens when I have a more physically active day, not sitting at a desk and then in the car for three or four hours. I may check more frequently also, to see if it is spiking really high when I am eating. I will get this figured out!

About one and a half more pounds and I will match the weight on my driver's license.

Positive thoughts towards getting my sugar and weight and diet all under control and well-managed at the same time.

No comments: