CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 30, 2009

And he coulda been a star!

I planned to post the pictures of Michael in his new pants, but the camera batteries are dead. SOMEWHERE I have an extra pack I bought when we were in Georgia, suddenly now unfindable, and SOMEWHERE is Michael's room is charger full of rechargeables. I walked in there, but it is so messy I'd kill myself if I tried to find it. Sometimes I swear it's like living inside the ZITS cartoon around here!

Today included:
Farmer's Market
Opportunity House
Home again, lunch for Michael while I rested.
He dressed in the tux, dropped him off at graduation
I paid car insurance, went to Gillian's to borrow passport holder thingy, went to the mall, ate some chicken nuggets and a diet lemonade (resisted the waffle fries!), shopped at Sears, shopped at Old Navy, bought a prepaid Visa for Michael to take on the trip, shopped at Dick's Sporting goods.
Went to get Michael and texted Eric while I waited. He's on vacation in Arizona.

Michael came. We came home. I sat in the yard pulling creeping Charlie, clover and stray morning glories for THREE HOURS. I couldn't stand up when it was over! Michael had to help me.

I bought new goodformyfeet shoes at Dick's on clearance. I bought my newest pair when my feet were still swelling all the time so they are size ten. I am back down to an eight and a half or nine. I'd gone back to wearing previous goodformyfeet shoes because the newest ones slide now. Bad thing about that is they really aren't cushiony anymore and now with my feet still feeling bruised and beat up from the damage I did in Georgia, I really need good padding again. The skin part of the blisters is mostly healed, although you can still see the outlines of where they were and there is still one ridge of loose skin that is going to have to work its way off. They are just sore, sore, sore and tender underneath. I want to be able to hike and walk on the path now that the weather is nice! I looked at the hiking sandals that I think are kind of cool... ninety four dollars! Gulp. Nope,it's the clearance rack for me. The ones I bought are New Balance, which I haven't had before. They seem pretty light, yet very cushioned.


I spent a long time at the mall. I'm surprised I was still mentally functioning afterward. I really don't like the mall very much (BIG understatement there). Hey, is "big understatement" an oxymoron? Maybe I wasn't really mentally functioning afterward. Thus the sitting on the lawn for three hours placidly pulling things...very mindless and calming.

Well, maybe pictures tomorrow.

Positive thought toward getting my grape tomato plants planted tomorrow and Michael getting that room clean before he leaves for all those days!

No comments: