CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 29, 2009

Michael smoked weed today...

and it's not the first time either. I usually let the weeds dry out a few days before I burn them, but he was trying to burn the ones he pulled today. No matter how much lighter fluid he squirted on, he couldn't get much past the smoking stage. I also usually put my weed in a cardboard box to help fuel the fire and he just plain piled them in the fire bowl.

We went to Goodwill and to Walmart to work on more clothes for the trip. At Goodwill he bought the most God-awful blue, black and white polyester houndstooth pants. I am definitely posting a picture tomorrow. He thinks they're about the coolest thing he's ever had. This is after I promised the orchestra director I would make him dress like a normal person for the trip so he would represent the orchestra well - and she sincerely thanked me. She will just have to appreciate my efforts now. At least they don't have any holes or patches or studs...

Last night I went to bed right after I posted. Michael brought my medicine in so I could take it without having to go get it, and I never even stood up to get it off the dresser. I was so tired I just stayed in bed and slept in my clothes until 6:30 this morning! My days of napping and then staying up too late caught up with me. No rest this weekend. Tomorrow we need to look for some shoes for Michael which is hell on earth. Clothes shopping is like the 3rd level of hell and shoe shopping is probably the seventh level of hell. It's even worse now that he doesn't want to wear leather shoes (he will make an exception if they are used), because it really narrows the choices. He also has to play at graduation, I have to go to Gillian's to pick up the passport holder strappy thingy, pay a bill and I can't even remember what else. Sunday is finish getting ready and a two hour orchestra rehearsal and then they leave at 6:30 Monday morning. I will be exhausted, I'm sure. At least this week I won't have the pressure of feeling like I need to come home and cook dinner. Not like I've been cooking dinner this week either, but at least I won't feel guilty about it!

Positive thoughts about the getting ready and trying to not freak out. Alexander's mom, Rebecca, gave me some good advice about the money and the food today. They travel a lot so she has a lot of experience. Also Nico (her husband) is going to go from Berlin to Paris to meet them on the 5th day so if Michael is having trouble accessing his money or has run out or something Nico will help him out. They've been very kind to Michael and have provided him with a lot of experiences that I would not have been able to. I really appreciate them!

3 comments:

Deb said...

Don't get the connection--choices between leather shoes and chemical lighter fluid.

I need to lie down.

Hope said...

Teenage boys like things that make big fires, unless the big things are coal-burning plants to make useful electricity. Now if the coal-burning plants could make explosives shoot into the while at the same time producing useful electricity that might be more acceptable. A study in conundrums.

Deb said...

Thanx for the 'splanation to this little granny. xo