CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Crashed!

I didn't eat much today, but had a normal dinner from the deli at Bloomingfoods . Turkey with cheese and veggies on whole wheat, some of those kettle chips and a Nantucket Nectar lemonade. Too many fast carbs, I guess. I got up to get changed for bed and go to the bathroom and broke out in a sweat and thought I was going to throw up. I checked my sugar and it was 120, which is PERFECT. My range two hours after eating is supposed to be 120-140. I felt like I was going to die though. I called Debbie and asked her to call me back in half an hour and if I didn't answer to come down and check on me - Michael was already in bed. I checked 10 minutes later and it had dropped another 20 points, 100, another 10 minutes, 93, and then a few minutes later 90. It must have been super high and then crashed super fast. I drank a little bit more of the lemonade and I feel normal now. I am going to test again in a few minutes and then go eat some cheese or something with protein, unless it has dropped even more. If it's still dropping I will probably eat some Smarties and THEN some cheese. I haven't had anything like this in a long time, even since I have been dieting very seriously. Dr. Andry told me I am okay, but I need a lot more protein - 50 grams a day. I bought some "Pure Protein" bars that have 20 grams each and usually have one for breakfast or for lunch and then try to eat at least one serving of meat a day also. I Guess today I just didn't do the right mix or something. Also I was upset with Michael AND worried about him at the same time AND I had to call Ed tonight, which is always stressful to me, even when he acts nice. Stress can really make my sugar go crazy, although usually it is high and not low.

I can't WAIT for this school year to be over. We have in the next month Science Olympiad, Bike Race, orchestra plays at graduation, trip to France, and I just got an email today that the orchestra may have well enough in regionals last week that they might get to go to state. I don't even know when that is. It's probably one of the other weekends he will already be traveling and there will be a conflict. Of course there is work, class, and housekeeping and yardwork on top of that. Overwhelmed.

10:00 going to test sugar...91... up one point. I'm going to go get something to eat. chunk of cheese, maybe. Also going to go Facebook and blog read.

Still trying to watch "Angels in America" disc that I have. It is intense and amazing. Goal is to finish by this weekend.

Positive thoughts toward my liver, pancreas, beta cells and whatever else is wacky right now! Come on body, work right! You're supposed to work BETTER when I get skinnier... Hey - maybe I need to decrease one of the sugar medicines, come to think of it. That is one of the goals...

2 comments:

Deb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deb said...

Back again, apologizing for quick typing and lack of text proofing:

We never know when a good health wish may be in order, and so I'm sending you numbers of wishes, to be stored.

Like the song lilts, "put them in your pocket."

Never let them get away...