CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 22, 2009

Messes:



Emily and Mandy at Night of Dance in November.

Mandy's little sister Casey is really bad. Her cancer is so bad that they are going to amputate her leg and part of her pelvis on that side. Then she has to undergo chemo to treat where it has already metastasized. She is only like 19!!! Just completing her freshman year of college. It's just so so sad. Mandy wanted to go into the Peace Corps this year, but didn't get accepted because there weren't enough openings. I guess many people are signing back up because there are so few jobs if they come back home. I think that has to be a good thing now, because Mandy is planning to get an apt in Milwaukee so Casey can live with her after her surgery and during her treatments. Their mother has been unstable the past few years and both girls are basically estranged from her. Their dad has really stepped up in his role since the divorce, but I really do believe Mandy can provide a more stable environment for Casey. Also - she is not a healthcare person, but certainly knows biology and can help Casey understand the choices she will have to make and what is happening to her. I love Mandy a lot and have been so grateful for her friendship with Emily all these years. I feel so sorry that Casey and she are going through this. I wish I were closer or had lots of money so I could help. All I can do is keep caring, I guess and thinking more positive healing thoughts. Side note - Mandy is such a big part of Emily's life that on Emily's graduation announcements I made her a part of the equation that added up to the Bachelor's degree.

I was going to also write about my messy house and "garden." It seems to trivial now to even think about although I know life goes on even during tragedy and despair.

No comments: