CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Yawn.

We have to "clock in" at work now. So far this week I have put in 77.6 hours. (Editing - not this week, but within the last two weeks - we do twice monthly time cards and pay) There is supposed to be NO OVERTIME. Leah finally talked to Cory and just said they are going to have to pay me overtime. I am even STILL not getting all my work done and everything is a mess. I hardly remember to take time to get a drink and pee. Someone either brings me food or I eat tomato juice and a protein bar (and chocolate). I check my Yahoo! email maybe once a day for five minutes and that is my break. No walks, no reading, no lunch with friends - nothing but answer the phone, type things in, do paperwork and just barely manage to get the ads entered for the next day. My coworkers who took over the public notices have really stepped up to help me and I don't know what I would do without them. Today when I was busting my butt getting the Sunday auction ads logged and turned in to creative services, they were waiting on customers at the counter and pulling ads offline. It's really not part of their jobs, but I guess now it is falling under that infamous "other duties as needed" phrase!

I told myself bed by 11:00 tonight - my old goal. I am very physically tired. After work was immediately Michael to a cello lesson with beautiful Ben, then we went to Aldi, then to Wal-Mart. I made Michael put away all the groceries. He stayed home all day and didn't do much around the house and then he's going fossil hunting all weekend. While he's off fossil hunting, I will probably stay here one day and catch up on housework, then drive to Lafayette the next day and do MORE housework.... then it's Monday again. If I can survive for one more month then I get my week of vacation. It begins the weekend lots of family comes from all over and it will be wonderful to see everybody! I can't wait.

Problem is I am physically exhausted, but this is the only time I get to myself. Funny I should choose to use it sitting on my ass in front of a computer some more. Writing and playing games is WAY different than the pressure at work, however! Rita from work really wants me to go to a play with her tomorrow night. I am afraid I will just sleep through the entire thing if I am sitting calmly in a dark room! Beautiful Ben asked us if we had seen Star Trek yet and I was tempted to say we should go this weekend and see his reaction!

I do hope it's not raining this weekend. I really want to work more on the yard. That is kind of one reason I am disappointed Michael is leaving. I really like it when we work out there together. I know he does too, but he really wants to go look at stupid dead rock animals. Pout.

Okay - positive thoughts that I will survive the week. Ten more hours trapped at the desk at most, right?

No comments: