CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 18, 2009

I'm addicted to weed-



ing. I just want to sit in my lawn for hours and pull Creeping Charlie. I feel very calm and centered while I am out there. I am doing something productive, yet restful. I think for the summer, at least, it has taken the place of knitting in my life. You have to do it barehanded because the runners grow parallel to the ground and you kind of have to dig with your fingernails to really get them. Another use for my long and glamorous nails.

Michael is building bike #3. He took the bike trailer (which we got free at the Trading Post at the dump!) and brought it home from Bike Project today. He is afraid to leave it there while he goes to Ed's because if you don't work on something for two weeks it becomes up for the taking again. He will be back within two weeks, but we have to do fund raisers and stuff for the Japan trip, so he may not be able to get to Bike Project as much as usual. Bike three is another "fixed gear." It all started with one beautiful hub he found and just HAD to build a bike around it! I decided tonight that I am glad he is addicted to bikes and not heroin, but my garage looks like a bike graveyard - my two bikes, his three bikes, the bike trailer, a loose wheel here or there, tools, pumps, cables ... sigh. As long as everything is consolidated enough when the car windows start frosting so I can park in the garage, I'm okay with it!

Positive thoughts for a busy, but calm day tomorrow. I stayed calm today despite the weekend deadline pressures. Tomorrow will be "proofing" all the ads and trying to be ready for three days worth of four newspapers by 5:00. No sweat, right?

No comments: