CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Weekend Photo Essay Part 1 BIke Project/Center For Sustainable Living Annual Meeting

There was music!
There were dancers!
This is THE place.
The band set up in the workshop. There was also a fifteen foot (vegetarian, of course) sub in there!
Nummy cakes donated by the Bakehouse. I had the chocolate. It was delicious.

the band was pretty relaxed about the children.
People ate and talked.
People had a good time.
I THINK this is Greg, who may mentor Michael when he does Bike Project as a class.
This is Justin. I took his picture, just because I think he's hot. Hey, it was like ninety degrees, okay?
This is MY hippie boy. He's a sweetheart. Look! He is wearing a shirt that is not ripped, stained or faded.
Some old people came too.
Amazing awning the bike shop guys managed to put up using the bike stands that hold the bikes while they work on them and some other really rigged up stuff.

It was fun. I went late because I had gotten so into working on the yard that it was hard to quit. There was still plenty of food and music. I had my fill of both. At first I was very uncomfortable because I didn't know the old people and to all the Bike Project guys I am just Michael's mom. After a while I finally just plopped down at a table full of old people and listened to the conversation until I knew what was going on. I was so relieved that we had finally gotten a garden in. I would hate to be amongst the Sustainable Living people and have to admit to BUYING all my produce. At least I could have said that in the summer I buy everything I can at the Farmer's Market. Phew - close call with my secret consumerism almost escaping!

I don't know why this is underlining and I can't make it stop!

It's 11:55 and I still have five items on my list and I did NOT nap today. I weeded for two and a half hours. That reminds me I have an essay to write when I am done with the postings of the weekend photo essay. If you don't see it soon, remind me about "Eat the Frosting First."

Positive thoughts are for a nice conversation with a neighbor tonight. I haven't been feeling too neighborly and this was short, but nice.

1 comment:

Amber said...

That looks like a ton of fun. I think Greg (if that is him) is hot. I also think the bike project sign is cool.

If you switch to HTML mode there should be a symbol that looks like ul/ (with < and the opposite around it) or something simliar. Delete them both (one at the beginning and ending of the underlining). That should take care of that (if you care.)