CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Wow again.

Work was incredible. Came in about 8:15 and worked until about 6:00. It was only me and one other rep on the phones all day. It rang and rang and rang and rang... get the picture? At the end of the day I told Leah I want her to check the phone records and see how many calls we answered. A lot of the online submissions I printed out and Pam and Joyce handled them. They can't run credit cards on their machines, however, so I just had to have them make a pile for me, run the cards as I could and then mark the ads paid. I only left my desk once to pee - oh - wait, I went to got a soda once too. Kerri's mom died last night, Angie is on vacation, Christie doesn't work on Tuesday... Friday will be even more fun. Christie usually works, but she's getting married Saturday and thinks she needs a day off to get ready - how selfish! Then she thinks she deserves a week for a honeymoon. Can you believe the nerve?

I am frazzled to say the least. I came home and was SO tired. We talked about dinner and what we have in the house - not much - and then went out for Mexican. When we got home I sat on the lawn and worked on my war with creeping Charlie and Clover. I decided I have this one little section I am going to work on constantly, when it has all the bare spots instead of weeds I am going to reseed and try to grow real grass. Then in the spring we'll see if real grass comes back or weeds again. If it's grass I'll choose a new section next year and keep on the organic battle. I have found a kind of peace in just sitting there pulling weeds. They are easy to pull and it is immediate gratification. It's kind of a bad thing for a person with some OCD traits because it is hard to quit because it is never the bad P word. I always think - I'll just get that little patch there - then move my leg and inch and oh! there's another perfect little patch to pull....that can go on until I am sunburned, mosquito bitten, too stiff to stand back up...I need to limit myself, maybe.

I need to get to bed. I set a midnight limit and oops!

Positive thoughts for Kerri's family tonight. They are very close and this is a horrible thing for them.

No comments: